Exposure to ultraviolet (UV A and B) wavelengths of sunlight has long been associated with skin damage and malignancies such as melanoma. In the past 15 years, concerns about the negative effects of blue light on the skin have rapidly increased. Studies have shown that longer exposure to high-energy blue light can increase the amount of damage to the skin’s cells. This includes degeneration, cell and tissue injury, pigmentary changes, skin cancer, skin barrier damage, photoaging, and ultimately death.
- The increased amount of UV filters provide extended UVB and UVA protection against ageing.
- Infrared Guard to protect the mitochondrial DNA, block IR-induced free radical formation and inhibit light-induced skin ageing.
- Vitamin E & Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) are antioxidants that help to protect against the effects of Delayed Sun Damage.
- High Energy Visible Light (HEV) from computer screens, televisions, phones, and iPad screens penetrate the lower layers of the skin and influence skin conditions to cause premature skin ageing. Doux Soleil SPF50 contains the Blue/Violet Light Melanin Blocker to protect the skin from this high-frequency light.
- Doux Soleil Anti-Ageing SPF50 contains Tripeptides that boost collagen and to protect against degradation.
- Doux Soleil’s extended Anti-Ageing SPF50 profile also contains:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- L-Arginine for its anti-inflammatory properties and involvement in collagen synthesis.
- L-Valine stimulates intracellular collagen & elastin production.
- Squalene is included for additional antioxidant and moisturising capabilities.